Our children are accommodated in 7 separate houses which are made as much like “home” as possible.
- They receive three nutritious meals daily,
- Attend school,
- Participate in sports
- Receive psychological and occupational therapy when necessary, as well as any other medical requirements
Running our dedicated programmes can only be done with your support. We have identified a number of different projects for which funding is required in order for them to be successful and be maintained.
Your cash donation can thus really make a difference to the benefit of our children.
The government subsidy that we receive for every child in our care covers only 70% of our annual operational (running) costs. The balance of 30% as well as all capital project costs must be raised by fundraising projects and donations from the public, organizations, businesses and companies.
The projects identified are:
- Education Services
- Early Childhood Development
- Staff training
- School and Casual Clothing
- Transport and Vehicle maintenance
- Building Maintenance and small building projects
- Pocket money, Christmas and Birthday Gifts
- Holiday Programmes For Our Children
Funding is also needed for the following, which can only be undertaken if funds are available:-
- Linen, Blankets, Curtains, Towels
- Electrical and Electronic Appliances/Equipment
- Vehicle replacement
- Computer Equipment and Training
- Building Extensions and New Buildings
- Training for our school leavers
Please support Greytown Children’s Home Financially in order to ensure our children get every opportunity to reach their full potential.